Frequently Asked Questions
If you have a question, please consult the help section of your practiX, accessible by clicking "Help" at the top of the program screen and then selecting contents. You can choose the search option from there and type in relevant key words.
- MEDICARE HAVE SAID THAT I NEED TO RESEND MY ONLINE CLAIMS BUT IT WON'T LET ME, WHAT DO I DO?
- 1. Administration + Practice Management + Processes + Online Claiming + MedClaims Processing.
2. The MedClaims Processing screen will open.
3. Click on the Re-Create Claims button and select "Enter" from the top right hand side of the screen.
4. Enter the run number or claim number.
5. Click on Process when the next message appears. Another message will then appear informing you of the run numbers to be transmitted. The run number is useful if you need to re-print a claim report, or re-transmit claims.
6. Click on OK to proceed with the transmission.
7. The Transmission Report will print for those selected runs.
If this fails to work you will need to write off these services and re-bill them.
- MY CLAIMS ARE OVER 6 MONTHS OLD. HOW DO I SEND THEM?
- If the claims are over six months old and are in the work review/release section cancel them from there, and re-bill them as 3rd party, with the debtor as Medicare Manual.
If they have already been released but cannot be sent, you will need to contact iSOFT on 1300 364 747.
- HOW DO I REVERSE AN INVOICE?
- Reversing an Invoice or Receipt
Reception -> Debtor
If an invoice or receipt is created incorrectly, it may be necessary to reverse the transaction and re-bill or re-receipt the debtor.
1. Search for and select the Debtor using the 'Search By' option for Debtor Name, Invoice Number or Receipt Number.
2. Click on Reversals
3. Transactions that have occurred in the month prior to today's date will be listed. To see transactions from an earlier date, click on the drop down box beside the date and select a new date from the calendar.
4. Select the type of transaction to be reversed:
- Invoice - An invoice was generated for the patient.
- Invoice/Receipt - An invoice generated along with a receipt when the patient paid on the day of the service.
- Receipt - A receipt produced after the day of the service.
6. Enter any reversal notes applicable for this transaction.
7. If in a multi-site environment, select the site the reversal is to apply against.
8. For an Invoice or Invoice/Receipt Reversal:
- To reverse the invoice only, click on the Reverse Invoice button. This will remove the invoice from the transaction list.
- To reverse the invoice and re-bill the service, click on the Reverse & Re-Bill button. This will activate the billing program and open the Billing screen. A new bill must be created in order for the reversal to be completed. Note: It is only possible to re-bill if the provider remains the same. If a different provider is required for the new invoice, reverse the old invoice and use the Quick Bill feature to create a new invoice.
- Click on the Reverse Receipt button. This will remove the receipt from the transaction list.
- Click on the Close button to exit from the screen.
- Search for and select the Debtor using the 'Search By' option for Debtor Name, Invoice Number or Receipt Number.
- Click on Enquiry
- Click on Reverse Invoice or Reverse Receipt (depending on the type of transaction selected, if the transaction is an Invoice then the option to Reverse and Re-bill may be selected, this will return the billing screen with the details of the original invoice for modification
- Click on OK to finalise the transaction
Invoices which have been used to claim via Medicare Australia Online for Medicare Benefits, and are reversed on the same day that they were created, will automatically send a 'Same day delete' request to the Medicare Australia via the internet. In the event that an invoice is reversed on a subsequent day please contact the Medicare Australia.
Note: A Receipt which has been banked cannot be reversed. In the event that money is banked in error a Refund transaction should be performed, this will ensure that the banked amount is correct. If the original transaction was an Invoice\Receipt the Invoice will need to be written off as it cannot be reversed due to the attached banked receipt.
- HOW DO I DELETE AN INCORRECT IMMUNISATION GIVEN TO A PATIENT?
- Health Records -> Consultation Tools -> Immunisation
Click on Immunisation in Consultation Tools
- Click on History
- Select the immunisation
- Click on 'Remove'
- HOW DO I ENTER A VACCINE THAT'S NOT SHOWN ON THE LIST?
- Firstly, ensure that you have the latest vaccine setup by importing the vaccines setup (Administration + System Configuration + Health Records + Import Vaccine Setup).
Then please check that the vaccine you're after is not on the Schedule Product Exclusion list (Administration + System Configuration + Health Records + Immunisation Schedule Product Exclusion) and rectify if need be.
If the vaccine is not on the schedule and you believe it should be, please contact PractiX Support on 1300 364 747.
If the disease for which the vaccine immunises against is not on the list in the immunisation section of Health Records, you may scroll down to the 'miscellaneous disease' section under the 'birth or not scheduled' column, tick the box and hit next as you usually would to enter an immunisation.
Please note that you cannot alter the 'vaccine' or 'product' fields, but may enter the Batch number, Dose, and the name of the appropriate disease and vaccination in the notes field.
- I CAN'T ARRIVE WITH MY NEW PROVIDER. HOW DO I
- The normal reason for this is that the provider number has not been entered in the correct location.
Please go to Administration + System Configuration + Organisation + Users and Providers, and select the provider in question.
Go to provider options, site options, and select the site. Then enter the provider number in the 'provider number' field. Save and close out of practiX before attempting to arrive for that provider.
- I'VE RECEIVED A NEW CERT FROM MEDICARE. HOW DO I INSTALL IT?
- Please ensure you have the CD sent from Medicare and the PIC (code) to install it from Medicare, usually sent separately. You will then need to contact iSOFT on 1300 364 747.
- HOW DO I SETUP IMPORTS FOR PATHOLOGY RESULTS?
- HL7 - Click here for document
PIT - Administration + System Configuration + Contacts + Contacts
1. Each diagnostic provider (pathology or radiology company) needs to be configured individually. Search for the contact and if they do not exist click New.
2. Ensure that the Contact Type selected is Company
3. Enter the Name and Address details of the company
4. Click on Messages In Note:
- Sending Application - The 001 line of the PIT file
- Sending Facility - Leave empty
- Transport Type - Select File
- Folder Name - Enter the location that the files are downloaded to. Please note that this path must be accessible from the machine running practiX Services.
- Filename Mask - This is *.* however it can be any other file mask if needed.
- Message Details - Select Add
- Select 'Pit - Pit Result' from the drop down list
- Click OK
5. Click Close
6. Click OK to Save and close the Contacts screen.
- HOW DO I UPDATE MIMS/ICPC?
- Administration + System Configuration + Health Records -> Download MIMS or ICPC Update.
Alternatively you can Click this link and follow the instructions.
To enter your unlock key
Administration + System Configuration + Organisation -> Sites
- Select your site
- Click on Options 8
- Enter your unlock key.
- PRACTIX SERVICES WON'T OPEN. WHAT DO I DO?
- If logged in remotely, right click on the practiX services icon and choose 'properties'. At the end of the path in "Target" add the command "blank notray allowremotesession".
The full line should read something like X:\msp\mspservices.exe blank notray allowremotesession.
Press ok down the bottom and then try and open practiX services as per usual. If this issue persists, please contact iSOFT.
- HOW DO I UPDATE PRICES?
- Administration + System Configuration + Billing Setup + Price Update
- Select the Price Update
- Select the Update Method (if you do not have internet access please fax a request for the price to practiX Support (See Faxing for Support).
- Tick 'Add all available item codes' if you would like the update to add item numbers not currently included in your database
- Click on Process
- Click on Yes (to proceed)
- Click on OK.
- MY ACIR REPORT ISN'T SENDING? WHAT'S GOING ON?
- The ACIR transmission uses the same software as the Medicare Online system does. Please check if your Medicare Online is working and consult iSOFT on 1300 364 747.
- I'M GETTING AN SQL ODBC ERROR. WHAT SHOULD I DO?
- Please e-mail the error to iSOFT support. The E-mail facility in the Error Message screen allows a user to e-mail the contents of the error message to the support team.
- Click the send e-mail icon (the envelope near the printer icon) on the Error Message screen. Displays the Email Message to iSOFT Health screen. By default, the logged in user name is displayed in the From field. However, you can change the name.
- Enter the action performed after which the error has occurred in What were you trying to do. This field is mandatory.
- Enter the details in What happened and What did you expect to happen fields respectively.
- To attach any file for reference, click to browse and select a file in Attach a file if required.
- Click Send to send the error details to the e-mail ID primary.support@iSOFThealth.com.
- HOW DO I MAKE A RECURRING APPOINTMENT?
- Reception -> Appointment Schedule -> Creating Multiple Appointments
In the Appointment Details screen, the user can click on the Copy Multiple option to copy a single appointment multiple times to more than one location and click on the Make Re-Occurring option to re-create appointments.
The help section under "help" and "contents" is particular helpful. Go to "Reception", and "Appointment Schedule". Under this you will find "creating multiple appointments".
- I'VE GOT A NEW SERVER, HOW DO I IMPLEMENT IT?
- Click here for document
WHAT IS A TEMPLATE?
- There are many different types of meanings for template, but in this case we will use this term in relation to files that are used by Microsoft Word for the purpose of creating letters and documents. When you create a letter, or document within practiX and it appears in Microsoft Word with the doctors name, font, headings, etc that your practice would normally use, Microsoft has loaded a template from practiX to know what formatting, set up to apply.
Templates can be set up to display in any set up, formatting, font, or information that you would like. They can contain images, borders, or even vary with information from user to user, this information would come from 'merge fields' Different templates can be set up to work in different areas of practiX, such as:
- Letters and documents
- Appointment letters
- Clinical templates
- WHAT'S A MERGE FIELD?
- A merge field is a 'code' that can be put into a template that corresponds to information within your database, in this case; practiX. For example if you create a template and input a merge field of: Â«patientfullnameÂ» this tells the template to add in the patient full name from practiX.
There a merge fields for practiX that correspond to all areas of the patient demographics, health record, and accounts, so once these are entered into your template you can have almost all information from practiX merge into your documents for you automatically.
- HOW DO I DISCOVER WHAT MY MERGE FIELDS ARE FOR MY TEMPLATES?
- Once in practiX to create, or edit a template Microsoft Word has another Toolbar activated for you to be able to access all the practiX merge fields.
When this button is activated, another screen will display with all practiX merge fields available for selection. Double-click on the merge field that you would like to add to your template and format as you would a standard letter, or document.
- HOW MANY TEMPLATES ARE WE ABLE TO CREATE AT OUR PRACTICE?
- There is no limit to the number of templates that can be created at your practice
- WHAT IF I HAVE DOCTORS AT THE PRACTICE WHO WOULD LIKE TO HAVE THEIR OWN TEMPLATES?
- Each doctor at a practice can opt to have their own templates formatted in any manner that they choose, for example if a doctor at your practice would like additional information on their letters, or would like to have contact information set in a different corner of the template, this would be a case of copying another template, formatting it in the manner that the provider would like, adding a specific identifying name and saving the template.
It would be advisable in this situation to consider careful set up of the practiX template tree to enable easy identification of these templates.
- WHAT IS A TEMPLATE TREE?
- A template tree is the display and location of template in your practiX set up
Templates in the template tree can be dragged to go into any group for easy access. For example if 'Dr John Citizen' working at your practice desired to have his letters displayed on a different heading to the practice, in the template tree, a heading could be created for Dr John Citizen, then all templates related to this provider could be placed under his heading.
In setting up the template tree in this way, when creating any letters for this provider, his templates are easy to find as they would be listed under his heading.